Union Reach Policies
Our Services instantly connect content providers to followers everywhere to what is most meaningful to them. For example, any registered user of Union Reach can receive Push Casts, Messages and provide feedback to the Content Provider, which is public by default, and can include unlimited length content including photos, videos, and links to other websites.
When this policy mentions “we” or “us”, it refers to the controller of your information under this policy. If you live in the United States, your information is controlled by Union Reach. If you live outside the United States, irrespective of where you live, you authorize us to transfer, store, and use your information in the United States. In some of these countries, the privacy and data protection laws and rules regarding when government authorities may access data may vary from those in the country where you live.
Information Collection and Use
We collect and use your information below to provide, grow, and improve our Services.
Basic Account Information: If you choose to create a Union Reach account, you must provide us with some personal information, such as your name, username, password, email address, or phone number. On UnionReach.net, your name and username are not listed publicly, and you can use either your real name or a pseudonym. You can create and manage multiple Union Reach accounts. If you use UnionReach.net, the contact information you provide to log in is not public.
Contact Information: You may use your contact information, such as your email address or phone number, to customize your account or enable certain account features (e.g. for login verification of prizes, awards and special offer notifications, etc). If you provide us with your phone number, you agree to receive push messages or text messages to that number from us for award notifications. We may also use your contact information to send you information about our Services, to market to you, to help prevent spam, fraud, or abuse, and to help others find your account, including through third-party services and client applications. You may use your settings for email and mobile notifications to control notifications you receive from Union reach. You may also unsubscribe from a notification by following the instructions contained within the notification or the instructions on our website. You can control whether others can find you on Union Reach by your email address or phone number through your discoverability and privacy settings
Additional Information: You may choose to provide us with additional information to help improve and personalize your experience across our Services. If you email us or provide feedback to your followed Content Providers, we may keep your message, email address and contact information to respond to your request. If you connect your account on our Services to your account on another service in order to cross-post between our Services and that service, the other service may send us your registration or profile information on that service and other information that you authorize. This information enables cross-posting, helps us improve the Services, and is deleted from our Services within a few weeks after your disconnecting from our Services.
Following, Profile, and other Public Information: Union Reach is primarily designed to help you receive information from your chosen content providers. Most of the information you provide to us through Union Reach is information you are asking us to use in support of our services to you and information you provide to your followed content providers. You may provide us with profile information to make public on UnionReach.net, such as a short biography, your location, your website, or a picture. Additionally, your public information includes the messages you send to your followed content providers, information about your account, such as creation time and time zone, content providers you follow, like or provide feedback to. Union Reach may broadly disseminate your public information to a wide range of users if you provide feedback to a Content Provider or win a prize. When you share information or content (e.g. photos, videos, and links) via the Services, you should think carefully about what you are making public. We may use this information to make inferences, such as what topics you may be interested in. Our default is almost always to make the information you provide through the Services public for as long as you do not delete it. For certain profile information fields, we provide you with visibility settings to select who can see this information in your profile. If you provide us with profile information and you don’t see a visibility setting, then that information is public. You can change the time zone associated with your account at any time using your account settings, available in the Union Reach application under the “profile” area.
Location Information: We may receive information about your location. For example, you may choose to publish your location in your Union Reach profile. You may also tell us your location when you setup your account on UnionReach.net. We may also determine location by using other data from your device, such as precise location information from GPS, information about wireless networks or cell towers near your mobile device, or your IP address. We may use and store information about your location to provide features of our Services (such as local special deals and discounts from our advertisers with your location) and to improve and customize the Services, such as with more relevant content like local trends, stories, ads, and suggestions for people to follow.
Links: We may keep track of how you interact with links across our Services, including our push messages, email notifications, third-party services, and client applications by redirecting clicks or through other means. We do this to help improve our Services, to provide more relevant advertising, and to be able to share aggregate click statistics such as how many times a particular link was clicked on, links, and non-public communications.
Cookies: Like many websites, we use web cookies and similar technologies to collect additional website usage data and to improve our Services, but we do not require cookies for many parts of our Services such as searching and looking at public user profiles. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your computer or mobile device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with our Services, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on our Services, and to customize and improve our Services. Although most web browsers automatically accept cookies, some browsers’ settings can be modified to decline cookies or alert you when a website is attempting to place a cookie on your computer. However, some Services may not function properly if you disable cookies. We honor the Do Not Track browser option to give you control over how your website visits are used to personalize your Union Reach experience and ads.
Widget Data: We may tailor the Services for you based on your visits to third-party websites that integrate Union Reach buttons or widgets. When these websites first load our buttons or widgets for display, we receive Log Data that includes the web page you visited and a cookie that identifies your browser (“Widget Data”). After a maximum of 10 days, we start the process of deleting, de-identifying, or aggregating Widget Data, which is usually instantaneous but in some cases may take up to a week. We may use Widget Data to tailor content for you, such as suggestions for people to follow and other content you may be interested in. Tailored content is stored separately from other Widget Data such as page-visit information.
Third-Parties and Affiliates: We may receive information about you from third parties, such as other Union Reach users, partners (including ad partners), or our corporate affiliates. Our ad partners and affiliates may share information with us such as a browser cookie ID, mobile device ID, or cryptographic hash of a common account identifier (such as an email address), as well as demographic or interest data and content viewed or actions taken on a website or app. Our ad partners, particularly our advertisers, may enable us to collect similar information directly from their website or app by integrating our advertising technology.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not disclose your private personal information except in the limited circumstances described here.
User Consent or Direction: We may share or disclose your information at your direction, such as when you authorize a third-party web client or application to access your account or when you direct us to share your feedback with a business. When you use Union Reach to sign up for or log in to a third-party application, you are directing us to share your contact information, such as your phone number, with that application. If you’ve shared information, with another user who accesses Union Reach through a third-party service, keep in mind that the information may be shared with the third-party service.
Public or Non-Personal Information: We may share or disclose your public, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information, such as your public user profile information, public Tweets, the people you follow or that follow you, the number of times people engaged with a Tweet (for example, the number of users who clicked on a particular link or voted on a poll in a Tweet, even if only one did), or reports to advertisers about unique users who saw or clicked on their ads after we have removed any private personal information (such as your name or contact information). Remember: your privacy and visibility settings control whether your Tweets and certain profile information are made public. Other information, like your name and username, is always public on Union Reach, unless you delete your account, as described below.
Accessing and Modifying Your Personal Information
You can also permanently delete your Union Reach account. If you follow the instructions in our application, your account will be deactivated and then deleted. When deactivated, your account, including your name, username, and public profile, is not viewable by Union Reach or the public.
Keep in mind that search engines and other third parties may still retain copies of your public information, like your user profile information and even after you have deleted the information from the Union Reach Services or deactivated your account.
Changes to this Policy
Union Reach Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
We believe that our Authorized Content Providers share ideas and information instantly, without barriers. In order to protect the experience and safety of people who use Union Reach, there are some limitations on the type of content and behavior that we allow. All users must adhere to the policies set forth in the Union Reach AUP. Failure to do so may result in the temporary locking and/or permanent suspension of account(s).
Please note that we may need to change these AUP from time to time and reserve the right to do so. The most current version will always be available at UnionReach.net/unionreach-policies
Content Boundaries and Use of Union Reach
In order to provide the Union Reach service and the ability to communicate and stay connected with others, there are some limitations on the type of content that can be published with Union Reach.
- Trademark: We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames. Accounts using business names and/or logos to mislead others may be permanently suspended.
- Copyright: We will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright infringement. Our copyright procedures are set forth in the Terms of Service.
- Graphic content: You may not use pornographic or excessively violent media in your profile image or header image.Unlawful use: You may not use our service for any unlawful purposes or in furtherance of illegal activities. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- Misuse of Union Reach badges: You may not use badges, such as but not limited to the “promoted” or “verified” Union Reach badge, unless provided by Union Reach. Accounts using these badges as part of profile photos, header photos, or in a way that falsely implies affiliation with Union Reach, may be suspended.
We believe in freedom of expression and in speaking truth to power, but that means little as an underlying philosophy if voices are silenced because people are afraid to speak up. In order to ensure that people feel safe expressing diverse opinions and beliefs, we do not tolerate behavior that crosses the line into abuse, including behavior that harasses, intimidates, or uses fear to silence another user’s voice.
Any accounts and related accounts engaging in the activities specified below may be temporarily locked and/or subject to permanent suspension.
- Violent threats (direct or indirect): You may not make threats of violence or promote violence, including threatening or promoting terrorism.
- Harassment: You may not incite or engage in the targeted abuse or harassment of others. Some of the factors that we may consider when evaluating abusive behavior include:
- if a primary purpose of the reported account is to harass or send abusive messages to others;
- if the reported behavior is one-sided or includes threats;
- if the reported account is inciting others to harass another account; and
- if the reported account is sending harassing messages to an account from multiple accounts.
- Hateful conduct: You may not promote violence against or directly attack or threaten other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or disease. We also do not allow accounts whose primary purpose is inciting harm towards others on the basis of these categories.
- Private information: You may not publish or post other people’s private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, street address, or Social Security/National Identity numbers, without their express authorization and permission. In addition, you may not post intimate photos or videos that were taken or distributed without the subject’s consent. Read more about our private information policy.
- Impersonation: You may not impersonate others through the Union Reach service in a manner that is intended to or does mislead, confuse, or deceive others.
- Self-harm: You may encounter someone considering suicide or self harm on Union Reach. When we receive reports that a person is threatening suicide or self harm, we may take a number of steps to assist them, such as reaching out to that person expressing our concern and the concern of other users on Union Reach or providing resources such as contact information for our mental health partners.
We strive to protect people on Union Reach from technical abuse and spam. Any accounts engaging in the activities specified below may be temporarily locked or subject to permanent suspension. Union Reach is for you to communicate with your community you are not allowed to use the application to sell advertisement using our tool.
Accounts under investigation may be removed from search for quality. Union Reach reserves the right to immediately terminate your account without further notice in the event that, in its judgment, you violate these AUP or the Terms of Service.
Union Reach Terms & Conditions
This agreement was written in English (US). To the extent any translated version of this agreement conflicts with the English version, the English version controls. Please note that Section 16 contains certain changes to the general terms for users outside the United States.
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (“Statement,” “Terms,” or “SRR”) derives from the and is our terms of service that governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Union Reach, as well as Union Reach brands, products and services, which we call the “Services.” By using or accessing the Union Reach Services, you agree to this Statement, as updated from time to time in accordance with Section 13 below. Additionally, you will find resources at the end of this document that help you understand how Union Reach works.
Because Union Reach provides a wide range of Services we may ask you to review and accept supplemental terms that apply to your interaction with a specific app, product, or service. To the extent those supplemental terms conflict with this SRR, the supplemental terms associated with the app, product, or service govern with respect to your use of such app, product or service to the extent of the conflict.
- Sharing and receiving Content and InformationYou own all of the content and information you post on Union Reach, and you can agree to receive the Union Reach Content from your followed provider and hold Union Reach harmless against any information that you receive.
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Union Reach (“IP License”). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you use an application, the application may ask for your permission to access your content and information as well as content and information that others have shared with you. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information.
- When you publish content or information it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Union Reach, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Union Reach, but you understand that we may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
- Safety: We do our best to keep Union Reach safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep Union Reach safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not provide feedback nor unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Union Reach.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any content providers.
- You will not send feedback that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not use Union Reach to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of Union Reach, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Union Reach functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
- Registration and Account Security: Union Reach users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on Union Reach, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain, and will use a Union Reach Page for such purposes.
- You will not use Union Reach if you are under 13.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account or the accounts of other users.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your profile, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user’s actual name).
- Protecting Other People’s RightsWe respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not provide feedback or use Union Reach Connect or take any action on Union Reach that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you provide via Union Reach Feedback on Union Reach if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else’s copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
- You will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on Union Reach.
- You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent. Union Reach offers social reporting tools to enable users to provide feedback about tagging.
- Mobile and Other Devices
- We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier’s normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data charges and Voice Service Charges, will still apply.
- In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on Union Reach within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
- You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on Union Reach.
- About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced by Union Reach: Our goal is to deliver advertising and other commercial or sponsored content that is valuable to our users and advertisers. In order to help us do that, you agree to the following:
- You give us permission to use your name, profile picture, content, and information in connection with commercial, sponsored, or related content (such as a brand you like) served or enhanced by us. This means, for example, that you permit a business or other entity to pay us to display your name and/or profile picture with your content or information, without any compensation to you. If you have selected a specific audience for your content or information, we will respect your choice when we use it. If you are under the age of eighteen (18), you represent that a parent or legal guardian also agrees to this section on your behalf.
- We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
- You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
- Special Provisions Applicable to Software
- If you download or use our software, such as a stand-alone software product, an app, or a browser plugin, you agree that from time to time, the software may download and install upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance, and further develop the software.
- You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are expressly permitted to do so under an open source license, or we give you express written permission.
- We’ll notify you before we make changes to these terms and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised terms before continuing to use our Services.
- If we make changes to policies, guidelines or other terms referenced in or incorporated by this Statement, we may provide notice on the Site Governance Page.
- Your continued use of the Union Reach Services, following notice of the changes to our terms, policies or guidelines, constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms, policies or guidelines.
- TerminationIf you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of Union Reach to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate, but the following provisions will still apply: 2.2, 2.4, 3-5, 9.3, and 14-18.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Union Reach, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users’ actions on Union Reach and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on Union Reach. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on Union Reach. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of Union Reach.
- WE TRY TO KEEP UNION REACH UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING UNION REACH AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT UNION REACH WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT UNION REACH WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. UNION REACH IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH SAYS: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR UNION REACH, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR UNION REACH WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, UNION REACH’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the United StatesWe strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with Union Reach outside the United States:
- You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
- If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on Union Reach (such as advertising or payments) or operate a Platform application or website. You will not use Union Reach if you are prohibited from receiving products, services, or software originating from the United States.
- By “Union Reach” or” Union Reach Services” we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.UnionReach.net and any other Union Reach branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform.
- By “Platform” we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from Union Reach or provide data to us.
- By “information” we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with Union Reach.
- By “content” we mean anything you or other users provide or share using Union Reach Services.
- By “data” or “user data” or “user’s data” we mean any data, including a user’s content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from Union Reach or provide to Union Reach through Platform.
- By “Feedback” we mean messages on Union Reach or otherwise make available by using Union Reach.
- By “use” we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By “application” we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
- By “Trademarks” we mean the list of trademarks provided.
- If you are a resident of or have your principal place of business in the US or Canada, this Statement is an agreement between you and Union Reach.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding Union Reach, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing Union Reach.